The 89th Water Environment Federation (WEF; Alexandria, Va.) Technical Exhibition and Conference, WEFTEC® 2016, will take place Sept. 24 to 28 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center. Attendees can access cutting-edge technologies as well as various educational and networking opportunities in the world’s largest annual water quality exhibition.
Exhibition hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sept. 26 to 28. Prepare by downloading the WEF Events app and building a schedule, or by looking through the digital WEFTEC® 2016 Conference Announcement.
Booth 4029, Hall E
WEF and its partners, BlueTech Research (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) and Imagine H2O (San Francisco), feature innovative technologies in the fifth annual Innovation Pavilion at WEFTEC. A series of interactive educational sessions in the pavilion allow attendees to engage with water innovation leaders. Events include
- networking receptions, 5–6 p.m., Sept. 26 and 27; and
- BlueTech breakfast briefing covering the Fourth Industrial Revolution on water, 7:30–9 a.m., Sept. 27.
Booth 1741, Hall C
The latest in stormwater management and wet weather products and services are featured in The Stormwater Pavilion, which houses exhibitors and a theater. Events include
- networking receptions, 5–6 p.m., Sept. 26 and 27.
WEF members and WEFTEC exhibitors can reserve one of four semi-private Huddle Rooms on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost. All rooms are available for 2-hour- maximum meetings.
- 9 a.m.–noon, and 12:45–4 p.m., Sept. 25 for exhibitors, and
- 9 a.m.–noon, and 12:45–5 p.m., Sept. 26–28 for members.
Booth 6847, Hall H
The Member Lounge is a new, exclusive benefit for WEF members at WEFTEC 2016. Stop by to take a quick break from the busy hall any time the exhibition is open. Take advantage of a comfortable seating area, Wi-Fi hotspot, complimentary coffee, and light snack services.
During the 29th annual Operations Challenge, teams of elite wastewater specialists test their skills during a series of events — Process Control, Laboratory, Safety, Collection Systems, and Godwin Maintenance:
- Process Control Event will take place 10–11:30 a.m., Sept. 26, in booth 4563.
- Laboratory Event will take place 11:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Sept. 26, in booth 4563.
- Safety, Collection Systems, and Godwin Maintenance Events will occur simultaneously, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Sept. 27, in booth 3962.
Wayfinders and Trollies
Halls B through J
Look for plasma touch-screen Wayfinders in Halls B, G, and I. Attendees can use these tools for easy access to general WEFTEC 2016 information and point-to-point directions. Locate exhibitors, sessions, committee meetings, receptions, or anything else on the WEFTEC program that is taking place in the convention center.
Trollies will be running down the center aisle through the entire length of the exhibition. Take a break from walking by hopping on one of these vehicles, which will operate continuously during all hours of the exhibition. Look for signs marking trolley stops.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and National Science Foundation
Two U.S. federal agencies specializing in the advancement of environmental science and conservation programs can be found in the WEFTEC 2016 exhibition. Find the
- National Science Foundation at booth 5725 in Hall G; and
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at booth 429 in Hall B.
Access information and resources in the WEF Plaza, which features a membership booth, WEF Bookstore, and Global Center:
- A photo booth will be a new, interactive feature. Visit the photo booth, choose a custom background, and then print and share your WEFTEC experience.
- Visit the membership booth to learn more about WEF, and earn a prize just by visiting a few designated areas in the exhibition.
- In the WEF Bookstore, browse and purchase the latest WEF publications, including the new edition of Operation of Water Resource Recovery Facilities, MOP-11; check out new WEF merchandise; and participate in a “Spot the Croc” competition.
- The Global Center provides various services including international trade delegates’ and U.S. exhibitors’ information; interactive kiosks to schedule appointments; multi-language translation; informational presentations; networking opportunities and events; complimentary Wi-Fi; and an international reception.
Three rooms in the exhibition will be starting points for numerous mobile sessions. Admission to these sessions is complimentary to all badged attendees including Exhibition-Only attendees. Sessions cover the topics of
- aeration diffusers,
- grit removal technologies,
- inline monitoring technologies,
- nutrient analyzers and sensors,
- oil refinery wastewater treatment technology,
- reducing infiltration and inflow through sewer rehabilitation,
- safety systems and equipment for utilities,
- steam electric power wastewater treatment technology,
- high performance dewatering systems,
- ultraviolet light disinfection,
- water and wastewater 101, and
- water reuse equipment and systems.