Public water resource recovery facilities (WRRFs) soon will be able to send staff to learn about innovations at other utilities.
Through the joint Leaders Innovation Forum for Technology (LIFT) Scholarship Exchange Experience for Innovation & Technology (SEE IT), the Water Environment Federation (Alexandria, Va.), Water Environment & Reuse Foundation (Alexandria, Va.), and National Association of Clean Water Agencies (Washington, D.C.), awarded travel scholarships to 32 staff from 11 WRRFs. The awardees are staff from
- City of Boulder, Colo.;
- City of Jackson, Mo.;
- City of Raleigh, N.C.;
- City of San Luis Obispo, Calif.;
- Greeley Water Pollution Control Facility, Colo.;
- Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District, Ky.;
- Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati;
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
- Soquel Creek Water District, Calif.;
- Trinity River Authority, Texas; and
- Washoe County Community Services, Nev.
LIFT SEE IT provides WRRF personnel opportunities for hands-on interaction with innovative technologies and information about implementing these technologies at their home facilities. Recipients will travel to other utilities across the country and abroad to gain new perspectives that support transformation of WRRFs into utilities of the future. Applications for 2018 LIFT SEE IT scholarships opens in the fall.